This is my fifth year to raise money for Neverthirst! So my wife and I decided to travel to Cambodia to visit some of the wells and school WASH projects funded by last years donations. Watch my new video below. Warning: you may cry, and laugh...
I’m 42 years old today!
My wife and family have been asking me what I want for my birthday for the last few weeks and like most of you reading this, I don’t need anything money can buy. I have a family who loves me, a safe place live, clothes to wear, food to eat… and I have something that ALL of us take for granted…
Access to clean water.
There are over 600 million people in the world who do not have access to clean water. I know it's hard to imagine, but it's true.
Why does clean water matter?
Because illnesses caused by viruses, bacteria and parasites in dirty water kill more children than AIDS, malaria, and measles combined... Over 800 children DIE every day from preventable dirty water diseases. Every day!
In Cambodia (located between Thailand and Vietnam) it’s estimated that 40% of the population (roughly 4 million people) drinks water from a source that’s contaminated with fecal bacteria like E. coli or pollutants like arsenic.
On average, women and young girls are walking up to 1 hour each way and spending 2-5 hours each day collecting dirty drinking water from a water source like this…
Because it’s considered the woman’s responsibility in many cultures, many girls cannot go to school, because collecting clean water is the priority for their family.
Clean water saves lives.
For the last four years in my birthday, I've raised money for Neverthirst, an organization that has provided over half a million people with safe, clean drinking water since 2008.
And since 2015, you, my amazing friends and fans have funded…
- 30 deep water wells in Cambodia, serving over 750 families.
- Four Cambodia School WASH Projects, giving clean drinking water, bathrooms, handwashing stations, and garbage kilns to over 800 elementary school children.
- A Cambodia school rain tank, serving 176 kids
- 22 biosand filters and latrines, serving 22 families
- 50 biosand filters, serving 50 families
So far, we have given safe, clean drinking water to roughly 4000 people!!!
The deep water wells cost $4500 to drill and serve 20-25 families, or about 100 people. Each village is responsible to raise a small amount for future maintenance like replacing the pump handle. That way they are invested and take ownership of it. The $150 on the plaque is how much this village raised, which is a lot of money for them, over one months income for the average family.
Here's a close up shot of one of the wells we funded:
If you look close, you can see that it says 'Chris Beat Cancer' on it. Now think about how cool it would be to have YOUR name on a well or on an Elementary School WASH Project More on that in a bit...
Last year, we raised just over $105,000.
This year my goal is to raise $250,000 in the next 7 days, which will provide clean water to over 1100 more families in rural Cambodian villages.
If just 2500 of you amazing generous people give $100... We'll hit our goal! This is totally doable!
I'm kicking it off with a personal donation of $12,000, which will fund another school WASH project.
And now I’m asking you to partner with me and give generously to this noble cause. (Please consider becoming a monthly donor as well.)
“But wait, there's more!” Check out these irresistible enticements...
- Your donation is tax deductible. What's cooler than tax deductions? Keep reading...
- A $25 donation gives one person clean drinking water. (Can you do $25 a month?)
- Donate $50 and get a super soft limited edition Neverthirst Chris Beat Cancer t-shirt or women’s tank top. ($50 a month would be amazing)
- Donate $100 or more and you get two shirts! His and hers perhaps? ($100 a month gets you official Hero status in my book)
- Donate $250 or more and you get two shirts and a signed copy of my book!
- The TOP FIVE DONORS each get a 1-hour video coaching call with me!
- The TOP DONOR gets a full day of one-on-one health coaching with me! I will drive or fly to your location at my expense (North America only) and we will spend the entire day together water fasting in a sauna. Just kidding. We’ll do whatever you want. It will be really great!
FYI Last year six donors each funded their own wells and got their names on them. This year I’m expecting way more than that. ;)
Donate $12k or more to fund a WASH Project and provide clean drinking water, bathrooms, hand washing stations, and a garbage kiln to hundreds of Cambodian elementary school children. :)
Want to mail a check? You can send them to:
1112A Edenton Street
Birmingham, AL 35242
*Neverthirst will contact you after the campaign is over on how to receive your shirts. If you sponsor a well or school WASH project, email email@example.com and let them know how many shirts you'd like.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!