“Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”
– John 4:13-14
Your VBS Can Have Global Gospel Impact
We are sure that you are in the planning stages for your Vacation Bible School, and we want to introduce you to Neverthirst and how church partners can join us during VBS week to help fulfill our mission to advance the gospel through clean water worldwide.
Over 600 million people live without access to clean water today, and we believe the global Church is the solution to this problem. Lack of clean water is the #1 health crisis facing the world today. In fact, more than 3.5 million people die every year from preventable water borne diseases – diarrhea, typhoid, and cholera – due to drinking contaminated water. Our imagination will not really allow us to embrace the enormity of the thought. While the numbers are staggering, the communities scattered, and water borne diseases rampant, at Neverthirst we believe there is a solution to the water crisis that can be implemented and maintained by local communities throughout the developing world… a solution that will save countless lives.
Since 2008, Neverthirst has completed over 17,000 water projects providing over 704,000 people with access to clean water through local churches in India, South Sudan, Uganda, Chad, Myanmar, Nepal, and Cambodia. In 2020, we hope to serve 134,000 people, and would ask that you prayerfully consider partnering with Neverthirst to provide families throughout the world with access to our most basic physical need, CLEAN WATER.
How To Give Clean Water Through Your VBS
It is a very simple process for your church to raise awareness for Neverthirst, along with raising money to help fund ongoing water projects, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you!
How Neverthirst will support you by:
- Loaning various-sized pictures or email you images to print from the field and yellow jerry cans to set up around the church to remind attendees and members of their missional focus for the week.
- Providing you with a video showing the work we do to share with your congregation on the Sunday before VBS or one night during the week so that you and your leaders can inform the church of your missional focus and goal for the week.
- Printing informative brochures to send home with the kids during the week and to have available in your church throughout the week.
- Giving you Neverthirst bracelets and stickers for all your attendees.
- Sending a report (showing photos, GPS coordinates, etc.) once your project is funded and funds are sent overseas for project completion, so that you can show your participants and congregation on how their giving played a role in helping to advance the gospel through clean water worldwide.
- Sending someone to share about our mission and to address the church as a whole or just your leaders and the attendees of VBS at some point during the week if you so desire.
Ideas from church partners in how they motivated the church and kids to participate:
- Grade-specific buckets were placed in the common meeting area where kids and family could put their money each day.
- The money was counted each day, and the grade that raised the most that day received prizes (i.e. candy).
- The leaders talked about the progress toward the goal during closing each day to motivate the children to participate.
- A jerry can image was drawn similar to a fundraising “thermometer”, a “wishing well” was built out of construction paper etc for kids to drop money in, etc.
- Host a LemonAID stand and hand out the information Neverthirst supplied.
We want to make this process as simple as possible for you and your church! We know that weeks upon weeks go into making VBS a successful event, so our goal is to not add any sort of burden to your tireless efforts.
If you are interested in references for how we have done this in the past, you are welcome to contact:
- Jonathan Williams, FBC Pelham - Jwilliams@fbcpelham.org
- Raleigh Macoy, Briarwood Presbyterian Church - RMacoy@briarwood.org
- Tracy Moore, VBS Director for First Baptist Church of Trussville - firstname.lastname@example.org